Let's speak Kunwok!
This site contains free materials for learning to speak Kunwinjku, the main dialect of Kunwok that is spoken in Gunbalanya. Closely related dialects are spoken in Jabiru and Maningrida, and further south in Bulman and Pine Creek. These materials have been created by learners for learners, especially for anyone who comes into regular contact with Bininj, the speakers of Kunwok.
- Getting Started - things to try on your first day
- Course - Immersion Course
- Podcasts - Learn on the go
- Pronunciation Drills - Methodically learn the sounds
- Pronominal Prefixes - Tackling the first grammatical challenge
- Tips - Learning when you're surrounded by the language
Contribute: To post comments on these wiki pages, please sign up for an account using the link at the top right. To contribute to this site please email Steven Bird.
- The head image is from a painting by Gavin Namarnyilk, used with permission.
- This work has been supported by Charles Darwin University, Warddeken Land Management, the Australian Research Council, and the Department of Communication and the Arts
- The materials on this site have been compiled by Steven Bird with contributions from Alexandra Marley.